The JP378 Sterling is an ideal choice for professional players in search of a high-quality tuba at a fraction of the cost of its competitors. Featuring a large bore and clear intonation, this tuba is well-suited for placement at the back of a top-section brass band. Its ability to produce a fantastic sound with a solid core, coupled with excellent tuning throughout the scale, makes it a standout instrument.
This tuba is not only a cost-effective option but also a performer that rivals more expensive counterparts. With its exceptional qualities, the JP378 Sterling is designed to meet the expectations of professional musicians, delivering both quality and affordability in one impressive package.
- It is very clear to see that the John Packer makers, along with Paul Riggett of Sterling musical instruments, have spent a great deal of time dealing with the traditional problems of these instruments and have come up with fantastic solutions.
- Constructed from high grade brass (80:20) ensuring the instrument is both durable whilst improving sound quality
- The large 19" bell and .730" bore also contribute towards an improved sound quality and increased acoustic projection
- Features a carefully configured fully compensating system ensuring that accurate tuning and alternate fingering is possible
- Sterling designed leadpipe
- Model: JP378, JP378S
- Key: BBb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass 490mm (19.29”)
- Valves: 4 Piston Valves
- Bore: Large 18.54mm (0.730”)
- Water Keys: 3
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP378), Silver Plated (JP378S)
- Lyre Box: Yes
The JP378 Sterling comes supplied with a mouthpiece and the John Packer JP861 Pro Lightweight BBb Tuba Case.
All JP instruments are covered by a 2 year warranty. For more details visit our Warranty Page.