The JP378 Sterling is the perfect instrument for a professional player looking for a great quality tuba for a fraction of the price of its competitors. With a large bore, and clear intonation, this tuba would sit perfectly at the back of a top section brass band. It produces a fantastic sound with a good solid core and it is in tune all the way up the scale.
- It is very clear to see that the John Packer makers, along with Paul Riggett of Sterling musical instruments, have spent a great deal of time dealing with the traditional problems of these instruments and have come up with fantastic solutions.
- Constructed from high grade brass (80:20) ensuring the instrument is both durable whilst improving sound quality
- The large 19" bell and .730" bore also contribute towards an improved sound quality and increased acoustic projection
- Features a carefully configured fully compensating system ensuring that accurate tuning and alternate fingering is possible
- Sterling designed leadpipe
- Model: JP378, JP378S
- Key: BBb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass 490mm (19.29”)
- Valves: 4 Piston Valves
- Bore: Large 18.54mm (0.730”)
- Water Keys: 3
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP378), Silver Plated (JP378S)
- Lyre Box: Yes
The JP378 Sterling comes supplied with a mouthpiece and the John Packer JP861 Pro Lightweight BBb Tuba Case.
All JP instruments are covered by a 2 year warranty. For more details visit our Warranty Page.