About the scheme
JP Musical Instruments are proud of the quality of our products and their long term durability however sometimes things do go wrong which is why all our products are covered by a fully comprehensive 2 year repair or replacement service. At JP Musical Instruments our aim is always to be at the forefront of customer service and we always treat our customers in the way that we ourselves would like to be treated.
The JP Musical Instruments 2 year Warranty pledges that all products should be free from manufacturing defects for 24 months from the date of purchase. If not, we promise to either repair or replace without question, providing that:
- The item was purchased from John Packer Ltd. or one of our authorised retailers.
- The customer contacts us directly or one of our authorised repair centres in the first instance to report the fault.
- The item is returned to us or one of our authorised repair centres within two years of purchase (at your cost).
- A copy of the original sales invoice is returned with the goods.
- The products have not been subject to abuse, mishandling or used beyond appropriate limits.
How to make a claim
Contact the authorised JP dealer from where the instrument was purchased, making sure to include:
- Description of the issue
- Proof of purchase
- Your contact details
Once we have accepted your claim, we will request that you send your instrument to one of our authorised JP repair centres for assessment.
Once your instrument has been assessed, we will repair the damage or in some cases replace the instrument. Your instrument will then be returned to you as quickly as possible.
If you have any queries about our JP warranty process, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Terms & Conditions
Defective products will be repaired free of charge or, at our discretion, replaced with a fully functional equivalent. This is dependent on products being returned to JP Musical Instruments or one of our authorised service centres, shipping paid and suitably packaged within 24 months of the date of purchase. A copy of the original sales invoice must be included. Our warranty is dependent on the following exclusions/provisions:
- The goods have not been subject to wear and tear from ordinary use.
- No other person outside John Packer Ltd. or one of our authorised repair centres has repaired or attempted to repair the product. This will render our guarantee null and void.
- Any manufacturing defect does not relate to a cosmetic or finish fault (including silver plate or lacquer issues) as these may not be covered by our normal warranty.
- The products have not been subject to abuse, mishandling, used beyond the limits specified by the manufacturer and the customer has complied with any technical instructions for use of the products including those relating to maintenance and care.
- The product has not been altered by the customer and any fault in the product has not been caused by use of accessories or replacement parts which were not original components of the product.
Any repair or replacement of a defective product will not renew or prolong your guarantee beyond the original period.
We reserve the right to reduce our liability accordingly if delay in advising us or one of our authorised service centres of the fault has compounded the defect.
Consumables such as valve guides, reeds, pads or other items which need replacing under normal usage.
The products were purchased through an authorised JP musical Instruments dealer.
The above provisions and exclusions do not affect your statutory rights and are governed by UK law.