The JP271SW builds on the features of the JP171SW, offering a higher specification option that is particularly popular with training bands and advanced students. This cornet is ideal for students seeking a good value step-up model that will support them through the mid to upper grades.
- The JP271SW was designed in collaboration with professional brass manufacturers Smith-Watkins and features a number of unique Smith-Watkins components including:
Exclusive design leadpipe. The leadpipe has been designed to deliver a free blowing experience and to encourage a warm tone.
- Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass which delivers a warmer, brighter tone than the standard yellow brass as is commonly found in student cornets
- One-piece bell delivers extra resonance completing this models range of components that help to deliver an exception sound quality
- Features 1st and 3rd valve slide triggers similar to professional models to assist with tuning
- High tolerance monel valve for a quick and responsiveaction round off this cornet’s substantial offering.
- Model: JP271SW, JP271SWS
- Key: Bb
- Bell Size: 123mm (4.84")
- Bore: Medium-Large 11.68mm (0.460")
- Waterkeys: 2 (Lever)
- Body: High Grade 80:20 Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP271SW), Silverplate (JP271SWS)
- Lyre Box: Yes
The JP271SW is supplied with a sturdy case with backpack and shoulder straps, and an outer pocket perfect for sheet music, a John Packer 4B Cornet Mouthpiece, Ultra Pure valve oil and a maintenance guide with advice to help keep your instrument in perfect playing order.
All JP instruments are covered by a 2 year warranty. For more details visit our Warranty Page.