The JP236 alto trombone is the perfect starter for you, if you are an orchestral musician starting to explore the world of alto trombone playing.
Some will say that it is the perfect starter model to train players to use all 7 trombone slide positions, although we would suggest talking to a teacher before choosing this as a beginner trombone, due to being in the key of Eb.
The JP236 Rath Eb Alto Trombone follows in the footsteps of previous JP Rath instruments which pushed the boundaries of what was thought possible in the development of student friendly instruments.
- Designed in collaboration with Michael Rath, one of the UK's finest trombone designers and manufacturers, The JP236 Rath is lightweight, free blowing and consistent across all registers, a hurdle which most, lower priced alto trombones fall at.
Constructed from high grade 80:20 brass throughout
- .481" bore ensuring it is free-blowing across the whole register
- 7" bell enabling greater sound projection
- Exclusively designed Rath leadpipe delivers professional level sound
- Exceptional build quality
- Model: JP236, JP236S
- Key: Eb
- Bell Size: High Grade Brass 178mm (7”)
- Bore: Medium 12.21mm (.481”)
- Water Keys: 1
- Body: High Grade Brass
- Finish: Lacquer (JP236), Silver Plated (JP236S)
- Mouthpiece: JP606
The JP236 Rath Eb Alto Trombone is supplied with a John Packer JP606 12C Trombone Mouthpiece and John Packer JP859 Pro Lightweight Alto Trombone Case. With a rigid yet lightweight fibreglass construction, the JP859 Pro offers maximum protection whilst maintaining ease of use and an ergonomic design.
All JP instruments are covered by a 2 year warranty. For more details visit our Warranty Page.